UPDATE (May 24th, 2020)
Thank you to our dental family and friends for your support and patience over the past weeks as our office has been closed, in compliance with Governor Murphy's COVID-19 pandemic directives. We are very much looking forward to resuming your treatment in the safest possible way for both patients and staff. In order to minimize the spread of transmissible diseases, we are enhancing our already high infection control procedures, based on the newest ADA, CDC and OSHA recommendations.
Before your visit, please review our COVID-19 guidelines. We have set new policies and procedures to protect the health of our patients and their families during your visit.
We will be asking specific screening questions related to COVID-19 exposure and take your temperature.
- Please fill out our pre-screening form (found under “New Patient Info > PatientForms”) WITHIN 24H of your appointment.
- Upon entering the office, and whenever not in the dental chair, we ask that you keep your mask on.
- You'll be asked to wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer as soon as you enter our office.
We apologize that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee, or water.
- You may be asked to wait in your car if our waiting room is unable to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
We kindly ask that drivers wait in the car if possible, to maximize social distancing. Minors may be accompanied by a single parent or guardian. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to shorten wait times, but please be patient as we clean, sanitize, and change our PPE between patients. Most importantly, we're in this together.
March 9th, 2020
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the corona virus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation.Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html